Equestria Girls is by far the most successful spin-off of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and is a powerhouse of a toybrand in of itself. It began in 2013 with the release of My Little Pony: Equestria Girls and has since become a multi-media franchise with films, comics, cartoons, novels and games based off of it.
Season 2, Spring Breakdown, Hadley's departure and DHX's production ending
In 2019, the second season of the Equestria Girls web series began airing, debuting with "Reboxing w/ Spike" on January 11, 2019 and currently has over 30 episodes. On March 30, 2019, Equestria Girls: Spring Breakdown aired, introducing two new named characters; Puffed Pastry and Ragamuffin, the latter would serve as a love interest for Rarity. Throughout mid April to mid May, Hasbro's YouTube channel would upload the episodes to their YouTube channel. On May 24, 2019, Hasbro would upload I'm On a Yacht, a music vide parody of I'm on a Boat.
On May 24, 2019, Katrina Hadley announced her departure from the series in a series of tweets. During the tweets, she posted her work-wall, containing a variety of fan-art containing interesting ships and humorous image macros but more importantly mentioned that DHX would no longer be producing the series.
- My Little Pony: Equestria Girls
- Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks
- Equestria Girls: Friendship Games
- Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree
- Equestria Girls: Tales of Canterlot High
- Equestria Girls: Forgotten Friendship
- Equestria Girls: Rollercoaster of Friendship
- Equestria Girls: Canterlot Shorts
- Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending
- Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks shorts
- Equestria Girls: Friendship Games shorts
- Equestria Girls: Better Together
- Equestria Girls Season 2
- "The Fall of Sunset Shimmer"
- "Equestria Girls"
- "Happy Holidays"
- "The Return of the Mane-Iac"
- Main category: Equestria Girls characters
The cast of Equestria Girls, though nowhere near as wide as Friendship is Magic, is arguably much more colorful and consistent with several recurring side characters. Even though most characters do not ever speak, they almost all have personality traits, relationships and hobbies, making the world feel much more real and grounded than other spin-offs. Some of these characters include:
- Sunset Shimmer: Arguably the main protagonist of the series, Sunset is a tough, but easy-going girl with a big heart and artistic personality. Though she did awful things in her past, she has since redeemed herself in the eyes of many and now has many friends in the school.
- Twilight Sparkle: Twilight Sparkle is a nerdy girl from Crystal Prep Academy who left her school to join Canterlot High School. Although very sweet, her curious nature sometimes causes problems for her friends. Like Sunset, she's haunted by the horrible things she's done, but even more so.
- Spike: Twilight's pet talking dog. He acts as somewhat of an annoying younger brother to Twilight and their friends, but remains a loyal and good friend to all. Like Twilight, he's very sweet and friendly, but sometimes his dog instincts take over his more human side. He seems especially good friends with Fluttershy.
- Rarity: A fashionista and creative young woman who loves the arts, especially films and plays. She's very kind-hearted, though sometimes her more eccentric personality traits gets in the way of her otherwise generous and caring personality. Although roughly the same age as her friends (with the exception of Spike and Sunset), she acts as an almost maternal, older sister type to all of them, always trying to look out for them and help them in times of need.
- Rainbow Dash: Dash is an athletic, free-spirited young woman whose been friends with Fluttershy since middle-school. Although standoffish at times, she believes strongly in the virtues of hard-work. She's very selfless, often going out of her way to help others with problems, but almost always employs a more hands-on approach, allowing them to learn from experience rather than guidance.
- Pinkie Pie: A loving, eccentric and always hard to understand girl with a heart bigger than the sun. Pinkie Pie is almost never upset, and when she is, it rarely last for long. She comes from a big family and always showers her sisters and friends with lots of love and care.
- Applejack: A strong young woman with a stout heart and honest disposition, Applejack is a caring and musical person sand always a hard worker.
- Flash Sentry: A popular boy with a good-heart and jovial personality. Flash is a bit narsistic, but almost always friendly and compassionate, lending a helping hand to others, even when he himself is feeling down. He's the former boyfriend of Sunset Shimmer, but after their breakup, they've gained somewhat of a brother-sister type bond.
- Snips: A bumbling, but typically well-meaning student who follows the latest trends to a fault. He's weak-willed and easily manipulated, but is otherwise shown to be a friendly person. He's the best friend of Snails and good friend of the Canterlot Movie Club and Big McIntosh
- Snails: Snails is stupid, but good-natured. Like Snips, he's easily manipulated, but has a good heart. An aspiring rapper, Snails is a fan of role-playing games and a huge admirer of Trixie Lulamoon.
- Trixie Lulamoon: A highly eccentric, narcissistic and self-absorbed young woman, Trixie is a rude, but jovial person who hides a secretly caring heart under lots of special effects and glitter.
- Big McIntosh: The stoic-faced, but caring older brother of Applejack and Apple Bloom. A firm believer that family always grows if you're willing to let it, Big McIntosh has accepted Sunset Shimmer and the other girls into his already huge family, treating them like his own sisters.
- Apple Bloom: The youngest of the Apple Family, Apple Bloom is an aspiring social media celebrity and good friend of Snips and Snails.
|Article comments (0)|